Re: How to copy text chars in shell mode to a text file?

On Fri, 5 Nov 2004 22:32:23 -0500, Nguyen Dinh Kien
<nguyendinhkien@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> i login my computer in init level3 as user root, I had'n login to X11.
> I do sth and now i want to copy all text char in my monitor into a
> text file. How can i do?

First of all -- don't log in as root.  That's a very, very bad idea.
Use sudo or su - to become root as needed for single operations.

You can copy and paste text from a console session.  Try this:

1. Type "cat >> filename" and press enter
2. Highlight the text you want to copy (left-click and drag to select)
3. Middle click.

Your text should be pasted to STDIN, which cat is redirecting into the
file "filename".  Press Ctrl-D to close the file and return to a
command prompt.

--
Ben Steeves                     _                    bcs@xxxxxxxxxx
 The ASCII ribbon campaign     ( )            ben.steeves@xxxxxxxxx