To: <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, November 06, 2004 7:17 PM
Subject: wget syntax questtion

I am a new user of wget. I love its flexibility. However, I have a syntax question. (And yes, I *did* read the manual). But, I am still doing something incorrectly.

My goal: To download some files in a directory, but not all of the files.

As an examle, let's say the target directory has the following files in it:

   file-AA.1
   file-AA.2
   file-AA.3
   file-BB.1
   file.BB.2
   file.BB.3
   file.CC.1

Let's assume I want to download all files EXCEPT those containing BB.

I have already tried the following:

      wget -r -R BB  http://www.host.com/path/to/files

I thought the -R option would exclude all files with the 'BB' as part of the name. But, it did not.

Advice or help would be appreciated.

Thanks..Terry