Re: How is ntpd data used -

Rodolfo J. Paiz wrote:

On Sat, 2004-11-06 at 14:38 -0500, Bob Goodwin wrote:

<>Either the "offset" value displayed after 5 seconds is as good as it gets
or I have something configured wrong?

<>
Why are you frequently restarting ntpd, anyway? It will do its best work
if just left alone to run forever.

This is a dial up circuit, all that's available in this rural area and when I disconnect ntpd quits.

Normally I only ask it to correct the clock when I think of it, every two or three days, but today
I was simply experimenting with it, trying to learn a bit more. If I'm within 2 seconds that's good
enough for most of my needs.

<>
And one favor: please only reply to the list address. Adding me to a CC
copy just ensures that I get *two* messages, and I would prefer to keep
all my traffic on-list. Nothing gained by CC, thanks.

Sorry about the cc, everything is filtered into directories and I responded with a "Reply All" in
Mozilla 1.73, out of habit. I read a lot but don't often send to the list.

I'm finished, thanks for the help.

Bob Goodwin

<>
Cheers,