Re: few palm pilot questions

On Fri, 2004-11-05 at 21:09 -0500, sly wrote:
>   i'm running fc2 on a dell laptop basically for office work, internet,
> mail... nothing very exciting!

Just being able to do all this with free software is exciting!

>   i have some questions and i hope i'm on the right place. if not, i
> apologize in advance!

You've found a good place.

> 1 - can i run "yum -y update" automatically when i turn on my laptop?

Just put it in /etc/rc.local -> /etc/rc.d/rc.local (although some would
advise against the -y flag).

> 2 - i was trying to convert a palm file into text w/ KPalmDOC but the
> end result is not a test file. anybody uses pda's?

Yup, but not KPalmDOC - may check it out.

> 3 - beside backing up, what else does the Gnome PalmOS do?

I like jpilot, but can also sync with Evolution, and check out
gnome-pilot-conduits.

Phil