Re: mozilla-1.4.3-1.fc1.1.legacy and galeon

On Sat, Nov 06, 2004 at 12:32:51PM +0100, François Patte wrote:
> I have just updated my FC1 system and yum had installed
> mozilla-1.4.3-1.fc1.1.legacy
> I use galeon-1.3.14-1 and now the middle and right button of the mouse no
> longer work!
> What happened?
> Is there a fedora legacy version of galeon compatible with mozilla? It is
> surprising that updating some softs prevents some other to work properly!

Not so surprising when one is linked against the other. Take a look at the
Fedora Legacy update notice -- for earlier distros, like RH9, which included
galeon originally, there's an updated version of that package too.

And in the changelog for the updated galeon package, you'll see "Rebuilt for
Mozilla update", which confirms my suspicion -- you'll need to rebuild your
galeon package against the updated mozilla.

--
Matthew Miller           mattdm@xxxxxxxxxx        <http://www.mattdm.org/>