FC2 and tape drives.

Greetings out there:

I have revived an old PC (Pentium II 350 MHz) to use as a home server and I installed FC2 on it. I have also installed a couple of tape drives to use for backup. One is an HP Colorado T3000, attached as a sole device to the on-board floppy disk controller. This drive works fine after I recompiled the kernel to include the ftape and zftape modules, and can be accessed as /dev/qft0 as expected. The issue is with the other drive, a Tecmar/Iomega Ditto Max Professional. This drive has an ISA plug-and-play accelerator board (Ditto Dash MX). Right now, the drive is not accessible, as I did not compile the ftape module to access the accelerator board (I had trouble doing that previously). However, I understand that ftape can support up to four devices. Does anyone know of a way to activate both drives? I would really like to use the Tecmar drive as it is faster and has a higher capacity. Ultimately, the best scenario would be to be able to use both.

The ftape documentation is outdated and somewhat intractable. I would appreciate any help you could give me. Thanks.

Juan-Pablo Claude