Re: How do I configure a new monitor?

ejbjr wrote:
I just had to move a machine running Fedora Core II to a different CRT display. It won't boot up right, because the sync on the monitor is wrong (actually it boots up
fine, but can't display anything).
At this point, I can boot the rescue disk, but I haven't been able to find the Xwindows
config files, or any text-mode program to configure my system for a new monitor.
Is there any way to do this, other than reloading the OS from CD?

Uh, doesn't CTRL-ALT-F1 get you to a login prompt in text mode? I assume you can see the startup until X windows starts up (or the rhgb kicks in), in which case, you should be able to switch to a console screen and login from there.

The all you need to do is change the default initlevel in /etc/inittab from :5: to :3:. Also, if your grub.conf file specifies to boot with the Red Hat Graphical Boot option (rhgb), remove that option from your grub.conf lines.

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome@xxxxxxx