Re: Yum repo compatibility

Fredag 05 november 2004 11:04 skrev Michael Schwendt:
> Why not take the route of Fedora Extras and extend Fedora Core with add-on
> packages, which to use as foundation for even more packages? A single
> easy-to-find place where to get extra packages instead of a multitude of
> repositories around the world.

It would be terible if that should happen. I use the rpm's from kde-redhat,
and they are just so much better than the ones from the fedora project. I
know because at work we have a standard fedora installation. I also really
like various rpm's I get from freshrpms and from dags repository, but the
example of kde-redhat where the rpm's exist in fedora.us shows that sometimes
the willingness do them the best possible way is apparently not there.

Erik