Re: Sound in Fedora 2?

eufordia wrote:
hi

I've updated Red Hat 9.0 to Fedora Core 2.

With Red Hat the system found my sound-card,
now Fedora doesn't find anything!

What did RedHat 9 find for your sound card? Waht was in your modules.conf file for sound cards?

The "system-config-soundcard" utility doesn't work, its output is:

--
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/share/system-config-soundcard/system-config-soundcard.py", line 46, in ?

ValueError: list.index(x): x not in list
--

...and "sndconfig" doesn't work because he says that the kernel haven't loaded module soundcore.o.

Can you find the same (or similar) modules in Fedora Core for your sound card? Can you insmod (or modprobe) them in by hand? soundcore is a dependant module that should be loaded as a dependancy of some higher up sound card module. The trick is to find the higher up module and configure it in your modprobe.conf file properly.

What do I have to "play music"?

We need more details! Maybe an "lspci" or the information from your /etc/sysconfig/hardware file from RH9 would be a good starting place.

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome@xxxxxxx