Re: No sound after install

Emiliano Brunetti wrote:
On Thu, 2004-11-04 at 16:56, Mike Noble wrote:

When installing FC2 it has me test the sound and it works fine, once the
install is competed, I am not able to get sound any longer.  How do you
fix this problem?

No errors in /var/log/messages?

You can try type from command prompt aumix and see if you volume set to
zero (which i think is alsa defualt). After that, try with kmix - maybe
some of the channel are disabled.

BOth things happend to me when i upgraded from FC1 to FC2

HTH

E.

Thanks,

You pointed me in the correct direction and I now have sound working.

Mike