Re: FC in non-gui

Sri Chav wrote:
I changed the value in the inittab file. However, xstart doesn't work. Looks like the xwindows part of installation did not go well. I had installed FC2 on top of my RH linux 8.3. Any suggestions on how to correct this problem?

Thanks
-s-

I upgraded from RH8.x to FC1 and ran into similiar problems. I do boot into init 3 at this is my prefered method.

I would change back to init 3 and then ensure that "startx" will run properly first. You will have to configure your X. Are you running FC1 or FC2? Each uses a different X server.

My advice would be to backup your data and then do a clean install. After a year, I am still finding and removing the odd problem related to the RH8 install. I also believe that going from FC1 to FC2, it was recommended that a clean install be done. I will say that the clean install of FC1 at home works better than the upgrade at work.

Others?

--
Robin Laing