Re: miss addressed mail

> On Thu, 2004-11-04 at 00:25, Richard E Miles wrote:

> It is certainly possible to write a procmail recipe to deal with all
> mail that you call mis-addressed. However, you may find that it handles
> more mail than you are expecting. Take for instance any message you
> receive from this mailing list and look at the headers. You won't find
> your address in either the To: or Cc: header. This is very common
> behaviour for mailing lists, as you can do the same thing yourself by
> using Bcc: for a recipient in your mail software when sending mail.

Well, mail from the Fedora list certainly does contain the "for" line
in question. Here's the onereceiptour msg:

        by Num9.Com (8.12.11/8.12.11) with ESMTP id iA480MdH004156
        for <MW_Fedora@xxxxxxxx>; Thu, 4 Nov 2004 00:00:22 -0800

But I gather, from what you're saying, that this is only because
the Fedora mailer explicitly includes that line in the headers,
and it is not generated on reciept by my sendmail. So, it's not
guaranteed to to be there. Do I have that right?

-Mike