Fan Control ACPI Compaq 1700 Series Laptop

I can run FC3.2 and have fixed some of the problems auch as PCMCIA recognition.However, the laptop shuts down due to lack of fan cooling(Thermal Shutdown - 95degC). If I reboot immediately th fans work and system runs for hours. Start from cold it always shuts down.
The ACPI and DSDT implementation has the trip point and the cooling triggers for this model wrong. Has anyone fixed this by any method other than installing a recompiled kernel?
Or give me some details on inserting a fixed DSDT table. Everything I have read about it is sketchy and designed to be read by advanced experts.
Thanks,
Morris