Re: Sendmail FC2

Paul,

> It's as if it can't resolve the primary MX and is therefore going for the
> next one, relay-1/2.mail.demon.net. The strange thing is though that it
> should be using the smart host on your internal network rather than going
> for the MX hosts anyway.

That's what I thought.  Other external mail is coming in directly from
the 'Net without a stop on relay-1/2@Demon, so the MX records are working
correctly from outside.

> Are you sure sendmail is using the right sendmail.cf file? ISTR that in old
> versions of Red Hat Linux, sendmail.cf was in /etc rather than /etc/mail

Indeed, it is /etc/sendmail.cf and it using the right one because I keep
toggling it to try and get this working, otherwise all their outgoing
mail would be frozen.

Do old versions of sendmail (this is 8.9.3) have different ways of doing
these things ?

Jonathan