Power Surge

As I was updating my Core 2 distribution, my power fluctuated and I had to reboot my computer.  I was in the process of retrieving numerous files, many that were already downloaded.  How can I track where these supposed downloaded files are and then install them?  Can I get update program to recognize these downloads or do I need to install all that I have and then re-do update?  Thanks.

Tom S.