Re: terminal freezes occationally

I am using Konsole 1.2.3 on FC1 (KDE 3.1.4-4).  I run time consuming
numerical programs on this box and on occation, I find that the
terminal session has frozen.  The window itself (e.g., the menu)
still seems to act normally but nothing I do will make the session
echo commands or produce any screen output.  The session seems
frozen.  I have to exit and start a new session.

This only happens when I leave the window sit idle for a long time
(hours or days; as when I'm waiting for a long running foreground
process run).

Any ideas?

None off the top of my head, but when it does it.. I'd launch another console, find the pid of the one that is locked up (ps auxww|grep -i konsole)

and do an strace -p $pid (where $pid is the process Id you got from the the ps command, second column)

Look at the strace output and see if it gives you anything worth while..

(Sorry if you already knew all of these commands and syntaxes.. adding in extra info tends to cut down on list "conversations")

-- netmask