Re: redirect http to https - problem (with forms?)

Götz Reinicke wrote:
I tried

RewriteEngine    On
RewriteRule    ^(/.*)    https://my.site.domain$1 [L,R]

and

RewriteEngine    on
RewriteRule    ^/(.*)$    https://%{SERVER_NAME}/$1    [R]

but I have a problem with the mailman and fudforum pages the server hosts.

On the mailman-page for aprove or reject moderated messages, I'm send back to the same page. Trying to login to fudforum redirects me into a loop back to the loginpage.

Any ideas on that?

What do the URLs for these things look like? Are they both forms that need submitting? How do you reach a point at which these pages can be accessed through http rather than https? Shouldn't the user being going to (say) the mailman top page, get redirected to the https version of that page and then everything from that point on is https and doesn't use the redirect? Do your pages for mailman etc. have hardcoded http: URLs in them rather than https?

Paul.