Re: FC2 wiki?

On Wed, Oct 27, 2004 at 03:47:04PM -0700, Dave Stevens wrote:
> I'd like to set up a wiki on my FC2 box to keep track of and index a
> dynamically growing document collection, most documents local but some on
> the web. Does anyone have a source for the necessary programs or a
> tutorial or sample implementation?

I just set up PmWiki today on one of my systems -- took about five minutes
total.

First, make sure you have apache (httpd) and php installed.

Then, follow the download and install instructions at
<http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/Installation>. Skip down to "Detailed
install (Mostly for running on a local machine)". And don't worry about step
#4 -- that apparently defaults to on.

Also, if you want to avoid the "make everything world-writable" step, you
can just create the directory "wiki.d" within your pmwiki directory, and
change ownership to "apache" and chmod it to 2755. (mkdir wiki.d; chown
apache wiki.d; chmod 2755 wiki.d). That'd replace step 3, and reduce step 5
to basically "you're done installing; now go play".

--
Matthew Miller           mattdm@xxxxxxxxxx        <http://www.mattdm.org/>