Re: kpackage

On Tue, 2004-10-26 at 22:19, Walter Gábor wrote:
> After looking at the list archive and various other web resources I
> thought I would try and build kpackage for FC2.
> I was almost successful, I am having a small problem, though.
> Here is what I did:
> Installed the appropriate kdeadmin src.rpm
> Modified the spec file to include kpackage
> Started rpmbuild -ba specfile
>
> Everything seemed fine, but I ended up with the following error message:
>
> RPM build errors:
> File not found: /var/tmp/kdeadmin-buildroot/usr/sbin/kpackage
> File not found:
> /var/tmp/kdeadmin-buildroot/etc/security/console.apps/kpackage
>
> What is interesting, though, is that there is a kpackage binary in
> /var/tmp/kdeadmin-buildroot/usr/bin which seems to be running fine.
> Some might say this can be considered success but I'd rather have a
> normal rpm file, which, then, I would be more than happy to share.
>
> Any clues?

Eaxctly which kdeadmin src.rpm did you install, and what changes did you
make to it? It appears as through the set of changes were incomplete, as
the files /usr/sbin/kpackage and /etc/security/console.apps/kpackage
have not been "installed" into the RPM, yet the spec file says that they
should be there.

Paul.
--
Paul Howarth <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxx>