yum vs. up2date

Can anyone give me some guidance on the pros and cons of yum
vs up2date for keeping my system updated? The little red button
on the task bar appears to use up2date, but yum seems to be
referenced as the thing to use on the Fedora web pages. Is it
just a matter of personal taste, or is there an argument for
using one or the other?