Re: How reliable are glxgears statistics? My FPS increased from 650 to 1100 by using Option "EnablePageFlip" "true" in xorg.conf!!!

On Saturday 23 October 2004 02:49, Greg Wildman wrote:
>On Fri, 2004-10-22 at 12:05 +0100, VJ wrote:
>> Hi,
>>     I used to get 650FPS with glxgears before I added this option
>> (at the end ofthis mail ) to my xorg.conf. Now I get 1100FPS. Is
>> it true that this option increased the FPS of my card? I am using
>> "ATI Rage 128 Pro" as video card. Is glxgears reliable for such
>> tests?
>>
>> Option "EnablePageFlip" "true"
>
>Thanks for the tip. I have an ATI Radeon 9200 and I am running the
>standard Xorg driver on FC2.
>
>My FPS was around 450 with the cog's turning very very slowly. If I
> put a terminal window over the glxgears windows then it shot up to
> 4500 FPS. Not that that helps much. :-)
>
>I put in the setting you suggested and bingo, my FPS is now at 650.
> The desktop also got a lot quicker, especially switching between
> virtual desktops.

What 'section' of the xorg.conf file did you put that in?  I tried it
in the "Device' section, no errors, and slowed me by 5 fps.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)