Re: HELP: GRUB or Part. Table damaged by QTPARTED!!

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 20:41:11 +0200, Hans Troost wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Newbie, but after some troubles got FC2 2.6.8-something running with a lot
> of tools (samba, swat, etc..), then used QTPARTED to create an extra FAT32
> partition on my disk.
>
> After doing that and rebooting, the system booted, showed the entries ofthe
> c:\boot.ini (WinXP partition) and gave me the possibility to choose, all as
> usual.
>
> The problem:
> Choosed for the FC2 , and the system came up with a text-only screen with
> the grub command prompt.

> *	With the rescou disk I was able to
> *	Cd /mnt/sysimage
> *	Cd to my home directoy: all data (mainly KMAIL files) are still
> there

Fine. Since you've mentioned that you're capable of using the rescue
mode, boot into rescue mode again and retrieve a copies of
/boot/grub/grub.conf and /boot/grub/device.map and /etc/fstab and the
output of "parted /dev/hda print" (substitute hda appropriately).
Post them here. Reinstalling GRUB from within rescue mode should be
easy, provided that its configuration is correct.

--
Fedora Core release 2 (Tettnang) - Linux 2.6.8-1.541
loadavg: 1.01 1.03 1.01