Re: Disk activity

> > Using FC2 and have two ext3 disks.
> > Every 5 seconds theres disk activity.
> > What process is doing this? How can I catch it in action?
> > Nothing out of the ordinary shows up in using "top" or "ps".

This is usual behavior, in fact there was another post some days ago
about this. Especially if you run X-Windows and acpid and other
daemons that have open sockets to communicate with processes all that
tantamounts to disk activity that is cashed (I guess) and periodically
flushed on disk.

do a 'lsof' to see the ton of sockets and temporary files lying around.