Re: Problem with RHBG (partially solved) (update)

James Mckenzie wrote:

All:

While I was googling for a solution to the problem with moving /usr/lib to /opt/lib, I came across an article on the (GASP!) debian mailing list that states that rhbg has hard-coding for particular library files to be in a particular location.  Thus, I will have to 'leave' some files in /usr/lib if I want to continue to use this program.  Oh well, I can live with 5-10 MB of files in this directory.
I think that the remaining problems that I had will be solved with adding some code to the profile file in /etc to add the LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable to all sessions.

Also, this might not be the best forum to post this in, and I will look into the other Fedora forums.

James McKenzie

All:

Well, I got home tonight and tried to reboot the system and it failed. I discovered the problem was the order of directories in the LD_LIBRARY_PATH. rhgb will not run even if I inserted this line in the rc.sysinit and init.d/functions file. I can live without a graphic boot screen as long as gnome/BlueCurve runs and applications will continue to run within it. I will continue to move files from /usr/lib to /opt/lib. More to follow.

James McKenzie