Re: problem with xine freshly installed

On Thu, 2004-10-21 at 18:35, Filippos Klironomos wrote:
> Hello list,
>
>   I tried to watch 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon' last night with
> xine but there were too many dropping frames so I had to switch to
> 'mplayer' but since I haven't used it I couldn't figure out how to
> enable the subtitles, I tried 'v', 'j', 'F' but nothing worked.
> Anyway! I did a 'xine-check' which is the first thing they tell you to
> do and here is the result:

Well, I'll tell you *my* problem with xine, and that is that it won't
let me redefine mount points for dvd's. On my system, the dvd mounts as
/mnt/cdrom. Now if I can declare two different mount points for the same
device, I'll do that, or maybe I'll just change the mount name (and
hopefully I won't lose the default behavior of the device, which is to
mount automatically any disk that gets loaded in the drive, whatever
kind of disk it is--DVD or CD, makes no difference). But mplayer let me
change the mount point for dvd's from /mnt/dvd (the default, I guess) to
/mnt/cdrom, which is how I have it set up.

BTW, I didn't choose these mount points. Anaconda did when it set up the
system to begin with. I assumed that there was a reason for setting them
up that way--or maybe there isn't.

Temlakos