running a mirror server.

If you are going to run a mirror to be used locally on our campus does
rsyncd need to be running and take part in the ability of the server
to distribute files through the web interface?

Because I noticed that although the rsync rpm has a rsync file and a
rsyncd.conf man page it does not contain a rsyncd file or a
rsyncd.conf file. So if these latter files are needed where does one
get them?
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University