Re: GUI firewall

On 2004-10-20 11:24:01 -0400, "Eucke Warren" <euckew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:
You can separate various ports with comma:
5901:tcp, 5902:tcp, 6900:udp, ...

You know....maybe I missed someone else pointing this out...but you can u se the "Security Level" gui in KDE or Gnome to get the iptables file built a nd then you can easily edit the /etc/sysconfig/iptables file. Look at the syntax that the open ports have and then copy and paste a new line and change it to include the port you're after. Once changed you can restart the Iptables service and voila! I think it's pretty easy.... I came up through early MS and DR Dos so I got my feet wet farting around in the CL I to change things...I'll bet if you study that file a bit you'll be able t o see a pattern. The hard part is figuring out which ports are relevant to you....once know I think the changes are easy.

Hope this helps...

-Eucke

I tried to do that including 5901:tcp but haven't been able to get it to work. I still can't do vnc until I turn the firewall off.

Jeremy