Re: dell inspiron 8000

On Thursday 21 October 2004 07:39 am, ey sd wrote:
> Grettings all!  Installed Fedora core 2 about two weeks ago wiped windows
> completely!! I am unable to utilize yum in order to  download the
> appropriate drivers.  Winmodem not operating, modem pc card not dialing.
> Excited about gnu goodies just can't get 2 them yet!!
>
>  system-config-network: cannot activate network device
>
> Fedora core 2
> version .094  2.6.5-1.358 on  1686
>
> Del Inspiron 8000
> P3 1ghz7mhz
> 256k
> nvidia geforce2go
> ess maestro
> cd-rw
> Dvd rom
> lucent winmodem 56k
> cardbus bridge Texas Inst PCi4451 PcCardbus
>
> modem,baud,flow  should i opt for defaults or is this the redundant.

Since you've found another way to access the web, I'd suggest starting here:
http://www.linmodems.org/

Before going there, however, try to get a more specific identification of your
modem -- particularly the model number and chipset. You'll find that "Lucent
winmodem" is about as descriptive as "Ford automobile".

And please do not post in HTML -- plain text is much preferred here.

Good luck,
-- cmg