Re: Repacing a driver

Thanks Alexander

What is the correct way to get kudzu to recognize my driver and get it to
load on boot up.

>Ian

The already detected hardware is stored in /etc/sysconfig/hwconf. See
"man kudzu", kudzu will check at each run against that file. I am not
very sure, but you could edit this plain text file and change the driver
set there for your ISDN card. Too set

install hisax_fcpcipnp /bin/true
alias char-major-43 capidrv
alias char-major-44 capidrv
alias char-major-45 capidrv

in /etc/modprobe.conf.

Alexander

I have man'd and googled about kudzu but have now left it disabled.

Where should I start up the new driver and capi. The hisax driver was started by the isdn service - I think.
The isdn service reads the file isdncard. Do I try to adapt that service or put the new commands in rc.local
I am just trying to work out the 'proper' way to do this.

Ian