Re: Laptop Hints

 --- Trevor Smith <trevor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> schrieb:
> On October 20, 2004 8:44 pm, Christopher Hicks
> wrote:
> > (1) I want (yes want) to enable click-tapping on
> the touchpad.  I've got
> > this in /etc/rc.d/init.d/touchpad:
>
> I have an HP Presario but I'll pipe in an
> interesting note:
>
> When I got it I loaded FC1 and the touchpad worked
> as in Windows XP -- double
> taps did like a double mouse click, single clicks
> did like single mouse
> clicks, AND the right hand side has a "slider area"
> that worked like a scroll
> button.

This is interesting, but on the HP zd7000 FC1 does not
even boot.

But here is my solution I promised a few hours ago (i
am doing this at work, so forgive, that my answer is
not placed properly in this thread).

I use the synaptics driver from the kspei repository
and changed my /etc/X11/xorg.conf to the following (i
just quote the relevant sections):

---- quote ----
Section "ServerLayout"
	Identifier     "Default Layout"
	Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
	InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier  "Mouse0"
	Driver      "mouse"
	Option	    "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
	Option	    "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
	Option	    "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
	Option	    "Emulate3Buttons" "yes"
EndSection

If there was anything else to change, I just cannot
remember. I did it in my "early" Linux times, and I
was very lazy documenting changes ... unfortunatelly.

Hope my hints are of some help.

--
Regards
Markus Huber