Re: mount -a and noauto.

Naoki,

Naoki wrote:
Dear everybody on the list,

Little question, if one had a set of mount points set to 'noauto' in the fstab because one doesn't want them mounted at boot time, mount -a will also ignore such mounts. Is there any single command that will mount all unmounted partitions?

AFAIK, no. A snip of man mount tells you why:

[snip]
noauto Can only be mounted explicitly (i.e., the -a option will not cause the file system to be mounted).
[/snip]

You can probably solve this by making a little script that does all the
mounts for you.

The reason I don't want these partitions mounted at boot is because another node may have them mounted because of the shared disk setup I'm using.

-n.

Hth.

Alex