Re: Enabling VNC

On 2004-10-19 14:02:10 -0400, Volker Kindermann <ml@xxxxxxxx> said:

you need a rule such as
$IPTABLES -A INPUT -p tcp -d <linuxmachine> --destination-port 5901 -m state --state NEW -j ACCEPT

(all one line)

and something like

$IPTABLES -A INPUT   -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT
$IPTABLES -A OUTPUT  -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT
$IPTABLES -A FORWARD -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT

where $IPTABLES is the path to the iptables binary.

Well...
I tried to do those four commands, but it didn't work. When I tried to connect via my VNC client it said connection refused. :( Does the iptables command change/write to the /etc/sysconfig/iptables file? Isn't this what defines what comes in and out? Sorry if my questions are so basic; this is far outside my area of expertise.
Thanks,
Jeremy