RE: OT but pretty cool - $750 off Inspirons today only

Worked for me.  I think you have to create a profile w/Dell and log in to process stuff like that...

-----Original Message-----
From: fedora-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:fedora-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Robert P. J. Day
Sent: Tuesday, October 19, 2004 2:36 PM
To: For users of Fedora Core releases
Subject: Re: OT but pretty cool - $750 off Inspirons today only

On Tue, 19 Oct 2004, Matthew Miller wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 19, 2004 at 02:42:51PM -0500, Thomas Cameron wrote:
> > I got this from a buddy who works inside Dell:
> > Thatÿÿs right, this Tuesday, October 19th at 7am CST, all Home and
> > Home office Inspirons over $1499 will be discounted $750!
> [snip]
> > There really hasnÿÿt been a better time to upgrade your home
> > computer until now.
>
> Okay, now I *will* be the Thought Police. This is pretty much just
> spam, no matter how good of a deal it may appear. Please, there's
> plenty of web sites and lists for deal-hunters -- setting the
> precident for this to be okay on this list is bad.

ironically, being one that constantly whines about bad subjects, HTML, top posting and the like, i saw nothing wrong with the heads up.  ok, maybe a couple nitpicks.

first, it would have been nice to get more notice. :-)  but, more importantly, i just checked out www.dell.com and i see no such deal. perhaps a URL to help out.  that kind of deal really is worth knowing about, but only if it's legit.

rday