Re: Enabling VNC

Please provide more details on how are you trying to connect to the machine (Linux) running th VNC server? When you try the vnc server, go to the client machine (Windows) and use the vnc-client and type in:
severIPaddress:1
I am trying to log in from my Mac OS X machine. The message I get when using my browser is that the browser could not connect to the server.

Your server will be listening (for instance #1) on 5901 (I'm not 100% sure) but check your firewall rules (if you have any on the server) that may be blocking incoming traffic.
As I mentioned in my previous post, I don't know anything about firewalls in linux (I need to learn). I am used to GUI firewalls.

Also, you could try (from windows box) the following command;
telnet serverIPaddress 5901 and see if you can get a connection established (you'll see something like "Connected to whateverName...".
I got the following message

lloyd ~/Desktop$ telnet 141.213.137.17 5901
Trying 141.213.137.17...
telnet: connect to address 141.213.137.17: Connection refused
telnet: Unable to connect to remote host

Thanks,
Jeremy