Re: cannot select from grub boot loader

Richard E Miles wrote:
> I have two kernels: 2.6.7-1.494 and 2.6.8-1.521 in my grub.conf file.

<snip>

> I am unable to use the up and down arrows to select a different kernel
> than the default. In fact none of the editing keys work. Has anyone
> else had problems with kernel selection on boot startup?

What sort of keyboard do you have? Do you have any trouble using the
keyboard in the BIOS? Can you borrow a DOS boot disk from anywhere (or
try the FreeDOS project).

If it's a USB keyboard, I'm guessing that there isn't enough support
anywhere for the keyboard to work until Linux has booted a long way. Try
looking for USB legacy support in your BIOS.

Hope this helps,

James.

--
E-mail address: james | It is a mistake to allow any mechanical object to
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | realise that you are in a hurry.