Re: ISO Image Problem

Steve Walter wrote:

Greetings:
<Fedora Core 2>
I'm having an issue with getting good install images. I have downloaded the ISO images from several different mirrors along with the MD5SUM from these sites. WinMD5 reports that the ISOs are good. However, on every one of them, the mediacheck fails. My CD burner (TDK) is working (I've burned other stuff and tested it... no problem) and I'm using Nero Burning ROM 6 to burn the image onto CD. I'm considering getting out my Roxio software and using that as, if I remember right, it has an option for write verification when burning that Nero doesn't. Outside of that, I may just have to buy CD's already burned.
Does anyone have any suggestions? Is there something I've missed? I've done all this stuff before so I'm not really a newbie, though this is my first experience with FC2.
Steve Walter

Steve Walter,

Try burning the CD at x4 or slower if possible. I've seen problems with burning an install CD at x48 and trying to install on a CDROM drive that doesn't support the high speeds.

James Kosin