RE: up2date takes forever

On Mon, 2004-10-18 at 19:43 +0200, YigalB wrote:
> And what I really wonder is why cant Fedora give an automatic solution
> (ask me what server do I prefer and install it in the config file,
> perhaps in a GUI editing tool). Or even use my time zone to set it up.

And now it can! Later Fedora versions of "up2date" automatically select
a mirror server at random, so performance is generally quite good. In a
few cases, you get a server which is overloaded or down... then all you
need to do is stop up2date (Ctrl-C works well) and run it again.

Cheers,

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz <rpaiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>