Re: Samba troubles

Am Mo, den 18.10.2004 schrieb Richard Schmitt um 17:03:

> Now smbclient works. Here is the what I get

Good.

> Unknown parameter encountered: "unix passwd sync"
> Ignoring unknown parameter "unix passwd sync"
> params.c:Parameter() - Ignoring badly formed line in configuration file:
> passwd chat + *New*UNIX*password* %n\n *ReType*new*UNIX*password* %n\n
> *passwd: *all*authentication*tokens*updated*successfully*
> Unknown parameter encountered: "SO_SNDBUF"
> Ignoring unknown parameter "SO_SNDBUF"
> Unknown parameter encountered: "blind interfaces only"
> Ignoring unknown parameter "blind interfaces only"

How did you copy my smb.conf into your file? Seems you did something
wrong. At least the last 2 lines show this pretty clear! Because it is
bind interfaces only = yes" and has nothing to do with "being blind"
(bind != blind).
Please very carefully compare what I mailed and your smb.conf settings.

> Password:
> Anonymous login successful
> Domain=[LGI] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 3.0.7-2.FC2]
>
>         Sharename       Type      Comment
>         ---------       ----      -------
>         mydata          Disk
>         IPC$            IPC       IPC Service (Samba Server)
>         ADMIN$          IPC       IPC Service (Samba Server)
>         lp0             Printer   lp0
> Anonymous login successful
> Domain=[LGI] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 3.0.7-2.FC2]
>
>         Server               Comment
>         ---------            -------
>         WINSOREN             Samba Server
>
>         Workgroup            Master
>         ---------            -------
>         LGI                  WINSOREN

So it is running.

>  The only trouble is that I still cannot access the network. E-mail and
> Internet function, but not the network. If I click on "Network Servers"
> the "Windows Network" icon appears. If click on that, I get a blank
> window. At the bottom of the window it says "Windows Network. 0 items"

Please follow the list archive. You will find many equal reports. I can
report the same - the fact is well known. Go around by accessing the
other SMB host by entering in the Nautilus location bar
smb://SMB_SERVER_NAME, i.e.

smb://WINSOREN

> Richard

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) kernel 2.6.8-1.521smp
Serendipity 17:12:45 up 4 days, 12:24, load average: 0.33, 0.42, 0.34