Problem with internet Connection

Yes you are right in RH9 before connecting to internet the file
/ect/resolve.conf is empty but after connecting its entries are

nameserver 61.5.136.5 #kppp temp entry
nameserver 202.163.126.6 #kppp temp entry

but in fedora the file is empty before connecting as in RH9 but after
connecting the file still remain empty if I replace the fedora file with
RH9 file internet works OK but after disconnecting the file
automatically becomes empty and on connecting it remain empty (means I
have to again replace the file) Please tell me what is the problem and
how to solve it. and another problem is that evolution is not sending mail
the error is

Error while 'Fetching Mail':
Host lookup failed: unknown reason

Error while performing operation: