[SOLVED] Re: FC2 won't boot on battery!!

Steve,

Cheers, disabling Speedstep sorted it out. Will this adversly affect my battery life?

Dave.

Steve Fink wrote:

Dave,

Check the BIOS settings on Power Management.  The Inspiron 8600 has
Intel Speedstep Technology enabled by default.  That means that on
battery power the processor runs at half speed.  Try setting the bios to
leave the processor at full speed on battery and see how that goes.

Best,

Steve