Re: Screensaver doesn't start under KDE

Botond Kardos wrote:
    Hi,
    I think this is an old bug but I didn't find anything useful with
google.
    So my problem is that the screensavers sometimes don't start
automatically after the desired idle timeout. As I observed it doesn't
depend on the type of the actual screensaver (GL or not). Once KDE gets
into a state where one screensaver failed to start, no other won't work,
regardless of what I select in the "Configure Desktop / Screen Saver"
menu. Only a KDE (or X) reboot will help. Of course all the screensavers
work just fine if I test them, but they won't start automatically. My
settings usually are: start automatically; aware of power management;
require password.
    Thanks for any help,
    Botond

Botond,
As you would have the xscreensaver.rpm installed try a different way,disable the screensaver in Configure Desktop and at the command line
run "xscreensaver-demo" you should get a GUI xscreensaver,it may run better,if it does you can link to the desktop and run a small script to restart after a boot etc.

   david