Re: Dual Head Video Cards

I am using one card has two DVI/VGA outputs.

If you are using the binary nVidia drivers you must comment out or remove
the lines for :

load dri
load glcore

You also need to change the driver(s) from "nv" to "nvidia" and add a line :

load glx

The instruction are in the readme. This is the current readme :

ftp://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86/1.0-6111/README.txt

I did not use the TwinView settings, I just used the settings on the Dual Head
tab of the "Settings" -> "Display" Application, then modified the /etc/X11/xorg.conf
file again to use the "nvidia" driver for each "card" and made sure the "cards"
were configured properly.

Good luck.

Graham Leggett wrote:

Bikehead wrote:

I have noticed that there is something called "Twinview" which seems to be an NVIDIA thing which I'm guessing drives two monitors from one card?

So if you are using two cards, how did you declare the two cards in the xorg.conf? Did you have to load the kernel module in some special way?

Follow the instructions that come with the NVidia supplied "nvidia" driver - it tells you exactly how to do this. In short, you simply define two displays, and point them at the same nvidia card at the same PCI bus address. The driver figures everything out on it's own.

Regards,
Graham

Guy Fraser