Re: Ghost ideas/thoughts please

Colin J Thomson wrote:
Hi,

I have followed the threads on "ghosting" a drive but I dont feel very comfortable just yet trying it, the plan of action is ghost my working fC2 system (hda) to the new SATA drive (sda) and Boot from the SATA drive.

I guess then some work/changes maybe required in Grub once I set my BIOS to boot from the SATA drive?

How does this look or would it be easier/safer to try another method, I have heard of "Spinrite"? being mentioned but have yet to look that one up, anyone had any expereince with Spinrite..

Colin,
You might want to look at http://www.storm.ca/~yan/Hard-Disk-Upgrade.html
It is geared toward lilo instead of grub but it might be good reading material. I used it to upgrade a mail server drive (substituting rsync for cp to minimize downtime).

Thanks,

Dale