Re: Problem with downloading FC3t3

Robert wrote:
There are a number of ways to successfully download the DVD iso including bittorrent. But ever since being pointed to the script at http://www.iruntheinter.net/files/misc/mkdvd-1.0 I seriously question why anyone would even *want* to download a DVD! You can download the CD iso files and use this shell script to create your own DVD iso. One advantage that comes to mind immediately is that you can check the MD5 sums of smaller chunks of data.

My preference is to download the DVD ISO using BitTorrent. This is generally faster than using ftp/http and has the advantage of doing CRC checks on each chunk (around 1MB IIRC) and automatically re-getting any chunks that fail on the fly. There should never be an MD5 sum problem with a file downloaded using BitTorrent unless the actual source for the torrent itself is corrupt.

Paul.