Re: FC3t2 and t3 installation problem due to a SATA_SIL module loading issue..

Gabriele Zappi wrote:
Hi there,
I'm proudly running Fedora Core 2 and I wished to upgrade to FC3t2, and
later to FC3t3.
I own a computer with a SATA Raid by Silicon Image on motherboard (my
computer specifications appear below). Unfortunately during boot up, my
installation stops after loading SATA_SIL module. On the screen, after
the dialog box "Loding SATA_SIL", some garbage characters appear (like
"#@$%@$^G54AWE#" or something similar ) an nothing else... I'm able to
change sceen by pressing Alt+F3 or F4 to see debug messages, but the
installation won't run any longer.

FC3T3 is out now. You might try searching bugzilla for errors related to your hardware. There could be a workaround within the fedora bugzilla database.

Jim