PAM logging - how do you switch it on?

Hi all,

I am trying to configure a box to authenticate against an LDAP server. Easy thinks I, just follow the exact same steps used on an existing server that works and we will be laughing. But of course no.

When I log in as root and try to su to a normal user stored in the LDAP server, I get "incorrect password".

I am trying to find a log file that will tell me what it's trying to do exactly - when run as root, su should not care what the password is.

How do I turn pam logging on? I thought I would see the output in /var/log/secure, but I do not.

Regards,
Graham