Re: OT: autosave of google alert sites?

Dave Stevens wrote:

I get google news alerts In an ideal world, I would be able to have a daily program (script?) run that would examine that day's alerts, resolve the URLs and save the pages.

1. Use wget to retrieve the google news alert page to a file
2. parse the file with PERL, gaining URLs
3. wget those URLs, putting them into subdirectories based on the day your script is running

Put the above in crontab/anacron, to run on a daily basis...

I haven't seen a specific tool to the above.

Alan