Re: Upgrade skip

Rand Renfroe wrote:
I have not upgraded from FC1 to FC2 yet. FC3 is supposed to be released in November. If I wait for that will I be able to upgrade my FC1 boxes directly to FC3? Or will I have to upgrade them to FC2 first?

rand :)

I am still using FC1 and waiting until FC3 to change. I thought FC2 came out to early.

From reading the posts here, I would do a clean install. There are so many changes that there could be alot of weird conflicts after the upgrade. My experience is from moving to FC1 from RH8. I spent over a month fixing little problems and errors due to the upgrade.

I would worry about applications that won't work on FC3 that work in FC1 due to kernel changes that don't get upgraded. I want a full fall back if there is a problem.

At the cost of HD's, I will double my storage. I can always use more HD space.

--
Robin Laing