Re: Raid or LVM

Will McCorkle wrote:
I have been working on a project and have come to wall. I need something
that will allow more than 256mg in a file size and still allow me to add
or remove disks and space at any time. LVM2 only allows 256mg as far as
the documents say and raid seems to be a one shot option (set up disk(s)
create file system, done). Does any one have a suggestion for this
problem?

Thank You

Will McCorkle

Systems Administrator

DG Systems

wmccorkle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

972-581-2119

LVM2 is a software raid manager. What you are looking for is a hardware raid with a volume manager that understands adding/removing disks, something like Veritas Volume manager. These solutions are not cheap.

Mike

--
Usenix member  http://www.usenix.org
Sage member    http://www.sage.org