Re: Dovecot issue

Robert Trembath wrote:

Thanks Phillip,

The server is setup as a single domain setup. We use username only to authenticate. It’s a standard sendmail setup and new mail is coming in. If I use Outlook to test the account everything works, but Outlook fails to see or pickup the new messages.

Robert

Robert,

Are they using IMAP or POP3?  Outlook is NOT reporting any error messages when you try to download, correct?  I think someone suggested this, but check the log files to see what information you can extract.  Also, be sure that their username is the same exact case as entered into the system...should hopefully be all lower case.  I've seen a bug once (can't remember what system it was exactly), where it would properly authenticate, but report 0 messages, UNLESS you matched the username to the same case (and no, it wasn't a windows setup...it was linux-based).  I guess this probably isn't the case, since you said it HAD been workng...but it doesn't hurt to try.  I believe I also had an issue with a webmail client doing the same thing...  If you added caps to the username, it would authenticate for almost everything properly, including the IMAP setup, and the mail would be shown, BUT the SMTP would not accept the mail with that authentication information.

-Phillip